Collections come in all shapes and sizes. Stuffed animals are no different. As a matter of fact, these toys are one of the most treasured and collected all over the world with teddy bears being a favorite type.
If you’re a budding stuffed animal toy collector and you want to start your own stash of cuddly wonders then you’ve come to the right place. We’re dishing out a few tips and tricks from expert collectors themselves.
- Know your space. – It’s imperative for you to take a look around and analyze the space you’re working with. Collecting comes with a responsibility and one of that happens to be proper storage. The type you choose shall depend on your available space and not the other way around.
- Develop a system for storage. – These collectibles aren’t going to clean up after themselves nor will they come back to their designated spots at the stroke of midnight which is why choosing and developing storage units are necessary. It’s essential for several reasons such as display and care.
- Assess your budget. – Stuffed animals are priced differently depending on several factors like age, rarity and condition to name a few. You must know how much you can and are willing to spend for this endeavor. Of course you don’t have to splurge in one go. Collections come with a factor of time too. You accumulate them over time not all at once.
- Know which stuffed toys you want. – There too are many kinds available in the market. It can even feel very overwhelming because there’s so much to choose from. To avoid having to scour through for all of eternity, have a type of collectible stuffed toy in mind ahead of time so you can go and focus your search.
- Look for reputable sellers. – It wouldn’t be wise to jump on the first seller you see. There’s a lot that goes with it like research, background checks and customer reviews. Only transact with trusted sellers to get the most out of your buck.
- Network and ask around. – Collecting stuffed animals should be fun so don’t take it all too seriously that you juice out all the enjoyment in it. Go ahead and make connections with people of the same interests and hobbies as you do. Ask for tips and advice or even trade or barter your toy collectibles.